Cellphone photos of surgery prompt inquiry
URBANA — If you've had surgery at Carle Foundation Hospital, you signed a consent form that included an OK for the surgical team to take pictures of you during the operation. Carle says the photos are to share with you, include in your medical records and sometimes for research and education purposes — not for what prompted an internal investigation recently: That is, surgery staff members sharing pictures they took on their own cellphones with other surgical employees because the injuries involved were so amazing.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?