PA hospital aims to help uninsured by listing prices
When you go to a drive through for fast food, you know exactly what it will cost you at the next window. But right now, if you're in need of a hospital outpatient procedure, it's like a fancy restaurant with no prices on the menu. The Heritage Valley Health System plans to change that. "Hospitals and health care have become more retail," said Dan Murphy with Heritage Valley Health System. With hospitals in Sewickley and Beaver, heritage valley will begin posting prices for 25 common outpatient procedures – doctors' costs would be extra.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions