This report shows how CEOs answered the 15 cross-sector questions. Additional questions reveal what titles make up the CEO’s inner circle, how they rate their own progress on key initiatives, how they expect to fuel financial growth, which physicians they find the easiest and the most difficult to manage, what three words they use to describe their leadership style, and more.
- Download the CEO Survey (PDF)
- Download the CEO Survey (PowerPoint)
- Listen as David Maizel, MD, VP and executive medical director with Sentara Medical Group, discusses physician retention and recruitment
- Download the CEO Survey Audio Feature (mp3)
Finance Leaders Survey
Sponsored by: Craneware
This report shows how finance leaders answered the 15 cross-sector questions. Among the additional finance-specific questions, we learn how they assess the impact of key industry trends, how the collapse of auction-rate debt affected their organization, what they project for EBITDA and capital spending, where they see outsourcing potential, and more.
- Download the Finance Survey (PDF)
- Download the Finance Survey (PowerPoint)
- Listen as Sandra Lawrence, CFO for Children's Mercy Hospital, discusses financing strategies
- Download the Finance Survey Audio Feature (mp3)
Technology Leaders Survey
Sponsored by: LodgeNet
This report shows how technology leaders addressed the 15 cross-sector questions. Beyond that, they describe their facility’s IT culture, project staffing levels, assess the role of the CIO in the organization’s leadership, describe implementation plans for various technologies, and weigh in on RHIOs, security, and interoperability, among other issues.
- Download the Technology Survey (PDF)
- Download the Technology Survey (PowerPoint)
- Listen as Edward Koschka, network vice president of information technology and CIO for Community Health Network, discusses patient portals
- Download the Technology Survey Audio Feature (mp3)
Physician Leaders Survey
Sponsored by: Eclipsys
This report shows how physician leaders responded to the 15 cross-sector questions. In addition, they assess the effectiveness of quality of care methods, state what actions could improve payer relations, outline financial strategies they’ll implement, reveal how generational makeup affects the practice, whether they use EMR and if not why not, what is most important to career satisfaction, and more.
Community & Rural Leaders Survey
Sponsored by: Healthland
This report looks at selected cross-sector questions and extracts data based on community and rural status. Community is considered medium, small, and critical-access hospitals. Rural refers to organizations in a rural setting. With this breakout, we see the similarities and differences in answers for each sector, and when filtered for community only and for rural only. Topics covered include assessments of organized labor’s impact, rating their CEO and board of directors, describing their organization’s prospects for growth and its workplace culture/morale, and defining their own overall job satisfaction.
- Download the Community & Rural Survey (PDF)
- Download the Community & Rural Survey (PowerPoint)
- Listen as Ray Hino, CEO of Mendocino Coast District Hospital in California, discusses why rural leaders tend to be less upbeat about prospects for growth
- Download the Community & Rural Survey (mp3)
Marketing Leaders Survey
This report shows how marketing leaders responded to the 15 cross-sector questions. In addition, they describe the marketing functions they manage now and which ones will become more important, they assess how the department’s efforts are valued by internal and external stakeholders, they indicate how involved they are in strategic planning and physician relations, they assess how certain industry trends will impact the organization’s marketing, and more.
Quality Leaders Survey
This report shows how quality leaders answered the 15 cross-sector questions. And, responding to sector-specific questions, they reveal variation in administrative rounds frequency, rate internal and external barriers to quality healthcare, assess the effectiveness of various methods in improving physicians’ quality of care, indicate which potential never events could be most difficult to handle, offer ideas on battling infections, and more.
Health Plan Leaders Survey
This report shows how health plan leaders answered the 15 cross-sector questions. In addition, they assess how certain industry trends will affect health plans and managed care, offer predictions for the medical home model, rate the effectiveness of member engagement choices, offer opinions on disease management, consumer-driven healthcare, value-based insurance design, states’ involvement on rescission policies, and more.