Sponsored by: VHA
This report shows how CEOs answered the 20 cross-sector questions. Additional questions reveal where they see the greatest service line growth, what impact they expect from workforce shortages, how they expect to fuel financial growth, a description of their compensation package, and more.
- Download the CEO Survey (PDF)
- Download the CEO Survey (PPT)
- Listen to Crouse Hospital CEO Paul Kronenberg, MD, on the implications of physician recruitment and retention under new models of reimbursement.
- Listen as Mark Laney, CEO of Heartland Health, discusses changing priorities among healthcare CEOs
- Listen to Hackensack (NJ) Medical Center President and CEO Robert Garrett discuss the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey 2010
- Listen to Stormont-Vail HealthCare VP/CHRO Bernie Becker discuss the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey 2010
Finance Leaders Survey
This report shows how finance leaders answered the 20 cross-sector questions. Among the additional finance-specific questions, we learn what cost-control methods are likely this year, their projections for EBIDTA, capital spending, bond sales, days cash on hand, accounts receivable, and more.
Technology Leaders Survey
This report shows how technology leaders addressed the 20 cross-sector questions. Beyond that, they describe their facility's IT culture, budget, staffing, and spending projections, assessments about meaningful use, and status regarding implementation for various technologies.
Physician Leaders Survey
This report shows how physician leaders responded to the 20 cross-sector questions. In addition, they say which service lines offer the best prospects for growth, offer an outlook for their organization's financial growth, indicate whether they will use ARRA funds for EHR, reveal what is most important to career satisfaction, and more.
Community & Rural Leaders Survey
Sponsored by: McKesson
This report looks at the CEO survey and extracts data based on community and rural status. With this breakout, we see the similarities and differences in priorities and concerns. Topics covered include assessments of their organization's clinical and financial status, judgments on the healthcare reform stakeholders, service lines with best growth prospects, key personnel issues, and more.
- Download the Community & Rural Survey (PDF)
- Download the Community & Rural Survey (PPT)
- Listen to Brian Ahier, health IT expert at Mid-Columbia Medical Center, discusses the implications of stimulus funds, the HITECH Act, and meaningful use on community and rural hospitals.
- Listen as Jeremy Levin, director of advocacy for the Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative, discusses efforts to recruit and retain physicians in a rural environment
Marketing Leaders Survey
This report shows how marketing leaders responded to the 20 cross-sector questions. In addition, they describe the marketing functions they manage now and which ones will become more important, they assess how the department's efforts are valued by internal and external stakeholders, they indicate how involved they are in strategic planning and physician relations, they assess how certain industry trends will impact the organization's marketing, and more.
Quality Leaders Survey
This report shows how quality leaders answered the 20 cross-sector questions. And, responding to sector-specific questions, they rate internal and external barriers to quality healthcare, assess the effectiveness of various methods to improve quality of care, reveal the reasons behind the failure to achieve handwashing compliance, and more.
- Download the Quality Survey (PDF)
- Listen to Poudre Valley Health System CEO Rulon Stacey, PhD, discuss the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey 2010
Health Plan Leaders Survey
This report shows how health plan leaders answered the 20 cross-sector questions. In addition, they assess how certain industry trends will affect health plans and managed care, rate the effectiveness of member engagement choices, offer opinions on the individual insurance market, disease management, consumer-driven healthcare, value-based insurance design, and more.
Service Lines Survey
This report shows how healthcare leaders answered key questions about service lines. CEOs (including overall, rural only, and non-rural breakouts) plus finance, physician, quality, and marketing leaders projected where they see growth across 13 service lines. In addition, we get an assessment of how much autonomy service line leaders have when it comes to strategic and purchasing decisions.