- Jennifer Thew, RN, November 28, 2017
Stress manifests among nurses in various forms and can affect patient outcomes. Fortunately, leaders can implement solutions to help reduce this pervasive problem.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, November 21, 2017
To improve millennial RN retention, nurse leaders may want to consider appealing to this generation's commitment to service.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, November 1, 2017
Hospitals and health systems have not typically prioritized nurse manager training and development. But that's changing as healthcare leaders begin to recognize the critical role nurse managers play in achieving an organization's outcomes and initiatives.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, October 10, 2017
The Emergency Nursing Supply Relief Act proposes to designate 8,000 visas for healthcare workers in shortage professions.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, October 17, 2017
Recommendations from the National Academy of Medicine may not be met this decade, but progress has been made toward achieving higher levels of nursing education.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, December 5, 2017
Despite a request to be classified as advanced practice registered nurses, the Office of Management and Budget once again categorizes clinical nurse specialists as general RNs.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, September 12, 2017
Providing the correct ratio of directors to managers is a good start toward positioning nurse managers to develop their leadership skills.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, August 29, 2017
From financial outcomes to mortality rates, nurse leaders can positively influence a healthcare system’s metrics.
- PSQH: Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare, November 14, 2017
Researchers urge proactive, positive programs to protect healthcare workers from burnout, trauma, and abuse.