CMS Releases 2013 IPPS Final Rule
Inpatient facilities received mixed news on proposed changes to the list of complications and comorbidities (CC) and major CCs (MCC) in the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) final rule, released August 1.
In addition, CMS added two conditions to the list of hospital-acquired conditions (HAC), finalized operational details for the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program, and made changes to the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program.
CMS also added one procedure code to the ICD-9-CM Volume 3 code set: 00.95 (injection or infusion of glucarpidase). Because of the partial code freeze prior to ICD-10 implementation, the ICD-9-CM Maintenance and Coordination Committee did not add, revise, or delete any diagnosis codes. CMS did not revise or delete any procedure codes for 2013. CCs and MCCs
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health