CMS Releases 2013 IPPS Final Rule
Inpatient facilities received mixed news on proposed changes to the list of complications and comorbidities (CC) and major CCs (MCC) in the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) final rule, released August 1.
In addition, CMS added two conditions to the list of hospital-acquired conditions (HAC), finalized operational details for the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program, and made changes to the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program.
CMS also added one procedure code to the ICD-9-CM Volume 3 code set: 00.95 (injection or infusion of glucarpidase). Because of the partial code freeze prior to ICD-10 implementation, the ICD-9-CM Maintenance and Coordination Committee did not add, revise, or delete any diagnosis codes. CMS did not revise or delete any procedure codes for 2013. CCs and MCCs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014