5 Healthcare Uncertainties Made Clearer
Summer may be winding down, but while many CFOs found time to take a vacation, the business of healthcare did not slow down.
In fact, there's so much going on that it's dizzying to keep pace. Much of this summer's healthcare discussions have centered on uncertainty and everyone from the financial ratings agencies to politicians to physicians are stirring the pot. So, in case your much-needed time off didn't allow for you to keep up on all the big healthcare news, here's the rundown:
1. SCOTUS decision confusion. Though the Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was supposed to offer some clarity, it didn't in all areas. Pay attention to these in particular:
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives