5 Healthcare Uncertainties Made Clearer
Summer may be winding down, but while many CFOs found time to take a vacation, the business of healthcare did not slow down.
In fact, there's so much going on that it's dizzying to keep pace. Much of this summer's healthcare discussions have centered on uncertainty and everyone from the financial ratings agencies to politicians to physicians are stirring the pot. So, in case your much-needed time off didn't allow for you to keep up on all the big healthcare news, here's the rundown:
1. SCOTUS decision confusion. Though the Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was supposed to offer some clarity, it didn't in all areas. Pay attention to these in particular:
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer