MGMA: Medicare Part B Tops Payer Rankings
Put another point on the board for HHS.
Medicare Part B remains the highest ranked payer among executives of physician practices, a Medical Group Management Association survey finds.
MGMA released its fifth annual survey of group practice attitudes toward their interactions with the country's seven largest payers: Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Coventry, Humana, Medicare Part B, and United Healthcare. Allison Brennan, senior advocacy advisor for MGMA's government affairs says Medicare Part B has consistently scored higher than the other six.
"Medicare might not always be the best payer, but their policies are easier to find, easier to understand, and the fee schedule and the regulations are a bit more transparent," says Brennan.
The overall satisfaction ranking this year remains unchanged from last year. The payers that scored highest on overall satisfaction with physician practice executives are:
- Medicare Part B
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety