Heartland Health Joins Mayo Clinic Network
The Mayo Clinic announced on Wednesday that it has added Heartland Health in St. Joseph, MO to its Mayo Clinic Care Network. The addition brings to four the number of hospitals and health systems that are members of the network.
Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes Heartland Regional Medical Center and Heartland Clinic. It primarily serves northwest Missouri.
The MCCN is part of the venerable Rochester, MN-based clinic’s strategy to extend its geographic reach without building costly new facilities, spending cash to acquire hospitals, or consolidating with another health system.
The other MCCN affiliates are Altru Health System (North Dakota and Minnesota), ASU Health Services (Arizona), and Kingman Regional Medical Center (Arizona).
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs