Heartland Health Joins Mayo Clinic Network
The Mayo Clinic announced on Wednesday that it has added Heartland Health in St. Joseph, MO to its Mayo Clinic Care Network. The addition brings to four the number of hospitals and health systems that are members of the network.
Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes Heartland Regional Medical Center and Heartland Clinic. It primarily serves northwest Missouri.
The MCCN is part of the venerable Rochester, MN-based clinic’s strategy to extend its geographic reach without building costly new facilities, spending cash to acquire hospitals, or consolidating with another health system.
The other MCCN affiliates are Altru Health System (North Dakota and Minnesota), ASU Health Services (Arizona), and Kingman Regional Medical Center (Arizona).
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014