Cigna Hits CAC Milestone
Cigna is more than halfway to its goal of having 100 collaborative accountable care (CAC) initiatives with healthcare providers by next year. The insurer announced seven additions to its roster as of April 1.
1. HealthCare Partners Medical Group (CA)
2. Greater Baltimore Health Alliance (MD)
3. Meritas Health (MO)
4. Atlantic Accountable Care Organization (NJ)
5. Novant Health (NC and SC)
6. Cleveland Clinic (OH)
7. Northwest Physicians Network (WA)
With the newest healthcare organizations on board, Cigna now has 58 CAC programs in 24 states covering more than 650,000 patients. Its goal is to serve 1 million patients by next year.
Cigna's CAC with Northwest Physicians Network is the health insurer's first in the state of Washington. The network is an independent physician association that includes 500 providers, 150 are primary care physicians; a "substantial primary care component" is a must-have to partner with Cigna in a CAC arrangement.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Two-Midnights Rule Spells Grim Financial Forecast for Hospitals
- Researchers Link ICD-10 Shift to Financial Losses
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'