ACO Lessons from Early Adopters Are Invaluable
For whatever reason, if you've decided that creating an accountable care organization structure is not on your immediate wish list, you're far from alone.
Many institutions are taking a wait-and-see approach, and can afford to. Just make sure your attitude is one of learning, not active avoidance, because what first might have looked like a flavor-of-the-month is becoming a regular healthcare business staple. And contrary to popular belief, much of that transformation is coming not from government, but from private market experimentation.
Webcast: Commercial ACOs— Strategies from Early Adopters
On March 22, join HealthLeaders Media for 90 minutes of commercial ACO strategy and solutions, direct from top executives representing both providers and payers. This customizable webcast allows you to pre-submit questions to our speakers to help guide the discussion.
Sign Up Today
Recently, I authored a free impact analysis report: ACOs: Tailoring Your Own Solution, based on detailed interviews with a group of top chief financial officers. We discovered that despite a generally tepid response to the prospect of ACO creation, coupled with the small test group of institutions that have been approved for the CMS ACO structures, plenty of hospital systems are experimenting with so-called commercial ACOs.
At the basic level, these constructs are little more than traditional insurance company/hospital contract negotiations, However, there's a big twist.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots