ACO Lessons from Early Adopters Are Invaluable
For whatever reason, if you've decided that creating an accountable care organization structure is not on your immediate wish list, you're far from alone.
Many institutions are taking a wait-and-see approach, and can afford to. Just make sure your attitude is one of learning, not active avoidance, because what first might have looked like a flavor-of-the-month is becoming a regular healthcare business staple. And contrary to popular belief, much of that transformation is coming not from government, but from private market experimentation.
Webcast: Commercial ACOs— Strategies from Early Adopters
On March 22, join HealthLeaders Media for 90 minutes of commercial ACO strategy and solutions, direct from top executives representing both providers and payers. This customizable webcast allows you to pre-submit questions to our speakers to help guide the discussion.
Sign Up Today
Recently, I authored a free impact analysis report: ACOs: Tailoring Your Own Solution, based on detailed interviews with a group of top chief financial officers. We discovered that despite a generally tepid response to the prospect of ACO creation, coupled with the small test group of institutions that have been approved for the CMS ACO structures, plenty of hospital systems are experimenting with so-called commercial ACOs.
At the basic level, these constructs are little more than traditional insurance company/hospital contract negotiations, However, there's a big twist.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December