Intelligence and Insight
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
This article appears in the January/February 2013 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
HealthLeaders Media has grown into as much a research organization as a publications company. Every article and event we produce—this magazine, the healthleadersmedia.com website, our daily and weekly e-newsletters, a range of digital reports, HealthLeaders Live events and webcasts, and our C-suite Exchange series—is amplified by our research on the healthcare leadership perspective.
A prime example is our annual Industry Survey, produced for the fifth consecutive year and highlighted in this double issue, starting on page 20. Like all of our research, the Industry Survey draws from the HealthLeaders Media Council, our 6,000-strong group of industry leaders who are vetted for their qualifications. The council is a key part of our editorial model of connecting healthcare executives to their peers.
The priorities, concerns, and forecasts revealed in our Industry Survey help set the leadership agenda for 2013. Leaders are anxious about reduced reimbursement (chosen as the top threat by far), hopeful about health information exchanges (chosen as the leading opportunity), and focused on boosting patient experience and satisfaction, clinical quality, and cost reduction/process improvement (the top priorities for the year).
A fuller version of the Industry Survey can be downloaded from our website at no cost, while a Premium edition with segmented data and recommendations is available for purchase. For the second straight year, we have also created a companion CEO Report, comprising more than 100 responses from healthcare CEOs at a range of organizations around the country.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised