Jackpot: Aligning Marketing & Physician Relations
Here's what can happen when internal departments of a hospital or health system start working together: Marketers get better data and gain insight into new opportunities for growth.
At the foundation of the buzz-phrase, 'continuum of care,' is the aim to make healthcare seamless and easy for patients, as they pass from one entity to another, whether it be from a family physician to specialist, or from a hospital to a rehab facility or home.
There is much debate over how to achieve transitional nirvana as there are a lot of moving parts, but, in general, it is at least easy to visualize how healthcare organizations should work together, eventually.
Likewise, the internal departments of a hospital or health system should also be working together (stop snickering), but work is more often done in silos, an approach that the healthcare industry seems to have perfected.
One health system is bucking that trend, at least with its marketing and physician liaison teams. Chattanooga-based Memorial Health Care System with 150 employed physicians, part of the third largest faith-based health system in the U.S., Catholic Health Initiatives, is breaking new ground.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers