Intermountain Launches Analytics Tool for Population Health Data
OutcomesMiner is intended to help hospitals and clinics determine better medical treatments based on clinical data and patient characteristics.
The first fruits of the alliance between Deloitte and Intermountain Healthcare emerged this week with the launch of OutcomesMiner, an analytics tool designed to give researchers, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies data-driven insight needed to conduct comparative effectiveness research and bring new therapies to market more rapidly.
Leveraging electronic medical records data, OutcomesMiner helps population health analysts understand associated outcomes for treatments and filter for sub-populations using phenotypic characteristics and specific medical associations.
The tool draws upon Intermountain's vast repository of electronic health records in supporting analysis around patient and product outcomes under a double-blinded format designed to protect the privacy of personal health information.
OutcomesMiner also enables users to conduct follow-on studies to support comparative effectiveness research programs, new product planning activities, health economic and outcomes research and observational insights that support safety analytics and commercial decision making.
In addition to the benefits for life sciences companies, OutcomesMiner can help hospitals and clinics determine better treatments based on clinical data and patient characteristics.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files