EMR Apps Taking Off, Starting with Refill Requests
Lyle Berkowitz, MD, has graced the pages of HealthLeaders Media before, but with the new twist his story is taking, healthcare technology leaders everywhere should take notice.
Berkowitz was one of the HealthLeaders 20 in 2008—"20 people who make healthcare better."
Berkowitz had recently founded the Szollosi Healthcare Innovation Program while continuing his primary care practice at Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group, the largest primary care group in the city of Chicago.
Now, in addition to these ongoing duties, add entrepreneur to his CV. In the process, he's using more technology to disrupt current healthcare best practices.
"I'd argue that primary care physicians should never have to be directly responsible for preventive care measures," Berkowitz says. "When I say that, people gasp. But when you look at the most efficient clinics and some of the highest-quality clinics, they actually have shifted a lot of that work to nurses who are very focused on that particular issue."
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare