7 Resources for Boosting Outpatient Business
2. Roundtable: Building and adjusting your outpatient strategy
How do hospitals know where to spend their scarce dollars? What new ways to reach potential customers have proved successful? How will hospitals compete in the future? In this Roundtable discussion, a group of healthcare leaders discuss these questions as the hospital industry makes what could be a historic transition to a more patient-centric mode of operation.
3. Metrohealth: Competing with the Big Boys
Metrohealth, a Cleveland-area public hospital, is where President Jimmy Carter was whisked to after becoming ill while travelling recently. In a competitive market, flanked by the prestigious Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, the choice may seem surprising, but "MetroHealth is in the midst of transforming itself into a provider of choice—rather than last resort—for Clevelanders and those in its suburbs. It's doing so by remaking its image as a comprehensive healthcare provider, not just a hospital for the indigent, says President and CEO Mark J. Moran." Running a more efficient outpatient operation is just one way it's turning itself around.
4.Rethinking the Future of Outpatient Chronic Care
Speaking of the Cleveland Clinic, this article details how the medical institution is preparing to treat a growing population of aging Americans and their chronic conditions. The Clinic has "decided to better track chronic conditions, coordinate treatment, and schedule timely interventions" mainly through continuous monitoring, following patients with multiple chronic diseases in a clinical setting and via patient self-management.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers