7 Resources for Boosting Outpatient Business
2. Roundtable: Building and adjusting your outpatient strategy
How do hospitals know where to spend their scarce dollars? What new ways to reach potential customers have proved successful? How will hospitals compete in the future? In this Roundtable discussion, a group of healthcare leaders discuss these questions as the hospital industry makes what could be a historic transition to a more patient-centric mode of operation.
3. Metrohealth: Competing with the Big Boys
Metrohealth, a Cleveland-area public hospital, is where President Jimmy Carter was whisked to after becoming ill while travelling recently. In a competitive market, flanked by the prestigious Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, the choice may seem surprising, but "MetroHealth is in the midst of transforming itself into a provider of choice—rather than last resort—for Clevelanders and those in its suburbs. It's doing so by remaking its image as a comprehensive healthcare provider, not just a hospital for the indigent, says President and CEO Mark J. Moran." Running a more efficient outpatient operation is just one way it's turning itself around.
4.Rethinking the Future of Outpatient Chronic Care
Speaking of the Cleveland Clinic, this article details how the medical institution is preparing to treat a growing population of aging Americans and their chronic conditions. The Clinic has "decided to better track chronic conditions, coordinate treatment, and schedule timely interventions" mainly through continuous monitoring, following patients with multiple chronic diseases in a clinical setting and via patient self-management.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files