Rural Providers' EHR Advocate to Step Down
These are some of the services most RECs can provide:
- Strategic planning
- Stakeholder analysis & engagement
- Governance planning
- Information architecture development
- Policy development
- Operational planning
- Vendor review & contracting
- Change management
- Project management
The ONC has big shoes to fill when Blumenthal leaves. It may be tough to find as passionate an advocate as the physician-turned-EHR evangelist who kept rural healthcare providers on his radar. Let's hope his successor makes it a priority to speed the implementation of EHR far and wide, so that all Americans may benefit, not only those who live in or near large cities.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations