Rural Providers' EHR Advocate to Step Down
These are some of the services most RECs can provide:
- Strategic planning
- Stakeholder analysis & engagement
- Governance planning
- Information architecture development
- Policy development
- Operational planning
- Vendor review & contracting
- Change management
- Project management
The ONC has big shoes to fill when Blumenthal leaves. It may be tough to find as passionate an advocate as the physician-turned-EHR evangelist who kept rural healthcare providers on his radar. Let's hope his successor makes it a priority to speed the implementation of EHR far and wide, so that all Americans may benefit, not only those who live in or near large cities.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'