Rural Providers' EHR Advocate to Step Down
These are some of the services most RECs can provide:
- Strategic planning
- Stakeholder analysis & engagement
- Governance planning
- Information architecture development
- Policy development
- Operational planning
- Vendor review & contracting
- Change management
- Project management
The ONC has big shoes to fill when Blumenthal leaves. It may be tough to find as passionate an advocate as the physician-turned-EHR evangelist who kept rural healthcare providers on his radar. Let's hope his successor makes it a priority to speed the implementation of EHR far and wide, so that all Americans may benefit, not only those who live in or near large cities.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts