Banner Health, AZ Blues Partner in Medicare Health Plan
The joint venture capitalizes on the name recognition of Banner Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona in the state. The addition of the Medicare Advantage product positions the Blues plan to develop more lifetime members who maintain their healthcare coverage with the company.
Although Banner Health will maintain a governance position, the joint venture places much of the day-to-day operations of the health plan into the experienced hands of BCBSAZ to take advantage of quality improvement and care coordination programs already in place for Blues members. Banner Health's hospitals and physicians will provide the exclusive network for the BCBSAZ Advantage.
Plans to expand the market for BCBSAZ Advantage beyond Maricopa and Pinal counties are "undetermined," Chuck Lehn, vice president of managed care for Banner Health, tells HealthLeaders Media. "We would like to first focus on high quality service for our existing and new members."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal