SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
In July, Baucus, who is chair of the Senate Finance Committee, hosted five physician group representatives in a roundtable discussion. He noted then that "physicians seem caught in "stove pipes of care. How do we get rid of some of these pipes?"
The physician groups argue that practicing doctors don't have time to "re-design" their practices to adapt to new models of care delivery because of the "constant specter of severe cuts under the SGR."
The doctors also want Congress to embrace a set of core principles they think should be the foundation for a productive transition from the SGR payment system "to a higher performing Medicare program."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments