This five-year cooperative agreement program entitled, Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes, will provide health departments with money to improve the delivery of public health services including:
- Building capacity within health departments for evaluating the effectiveness of their organizations, practices, partnerships, programs and use of resources through performance management
- Expansion and training of public health staff and community leaders to conduct policy activities in key areas and to facilitate improvements in system efficiency
- Maximizing the public health system to improve networking, coordination, and cross-jurisdictional cooperation for the delivery of public health services to address resource sharing and improve health indicators
- Disseminating, implementing and evaluating public health's best and most promising practices
- Building a national network of performance improvement managers that share best practices for improving the public health system.