HIPAA Compliance Requires Coding, Processes Update
Total Outsourcing: Embracing an outsourcing strategy can provide significant opportunities to curtail costs, streamline processes and increase efficiencies while empowering healthcare payers to focus on core competencies. The benefits include immediate access to necessary expertise and qualified resources that eliminate backlogs and tighten turnaround times by as much as 50%.
With an outsourcing service partner, service level agreements provide predictability in service, and claims are processed in less than 24 hours. An outsourcing service provider will offer the flexibility to handle volume fluctuations. This enables payers to scale effectively and to focus on more value-added activities such as high-touch customer service. By ensuring timely claim processing, payer organizations can reduce the risk of penalties for non-compliance.
Outsourcing also provides rapid access to industry compliant technology solutions and electronic workflow tools that automatically route claims for review, action or approval. This results in greater efficiency. When delivered via SaaS, organizations alleviate the need for additional capital expense and gain access to a secure Web-based data repository and data protection via online backup and recovery. Administrative expenses and claims processing time is reduced and customer service improves as a result of smooth and accurate transactional activity. Payers also gain improved visibility into claims processing, enabling them to better manage internal operations.
Another benefit: outsourcing increases operational first pass rate improvement due to enhanced business rules and greater claim accuracy. It alleviates the need for manual adjudication, thus reducing the cost per claim. By improving the first pass rate and eliminating manual intervention, payer organizations are able to save millions of dollars each year, improve service to members and reallocate staff to value-added functions.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'