HIE Innovators to Split $241M HHS Grant
The innovator states represent different parts of the country, and different exchange governance structures and information systems, to ensure that a wide range of IT models are developed, and every state will benefit, HHS said.
“Everyone wins,” said Don Berwick, MD, administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. “This grant program means that states don’t have to waste money reinventing the wheel, and consumers get the best of the best.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- Q&A: Banner CEO on 'Getting the Cost Out'
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014
- AMCs React to Being Shut Out of Some Exchange Plans