HIE Innovators to Split $241M HHS Grant
The innovator states represent different parts of the country, and different exchange governance structures and information systems, to ensure that a wide range of IT models are developed, and every state will benefit, HHS said.
“Everyone wins,” said Don Berwick, MD, administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. “This grant program means that states don’t have to waste money reinventing the wheel, and consumers get the best of the best.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing