HIE Innovators to Split $241M HHS Grant
The innovator states represent different parts of the country, and different exchange governance structures and information systems, to ensure that a wide range of IT models are developed, and every state will benefit, HHS said.
“Everyone wins,” said Don Berwick, MD, administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. “This grant program means that states don’t have to waste money reinventing the wheel, and consumers get the best of the best.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition