HIE Innovators to Split $241M HHS Grant
The innovator states represent different parts of the country, and different exchange governance structures and information systems, to ensure that a wide range of IT models are developed, and every state will benefit, HHS said.
“Everyone wins,” said Don Berwick, MD, administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. “This grant program means that states don’t have to waste money reinventing the wheel, and consumers get the best of the best.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion