NIH Awards $84M for Ischemia Trial
The study will also assess whether invasive procedures improve angina-related quality of life.
“This multicenter, international study provides a unique research opportunity that could yield vital information to guide clinical practice and improve quality of life and overall medical care for large, diverse populations," said Susan B. Shurin, MD, acting director of the NHLBI.
NYU Langone Medical Center is composed of Tisch Hospital, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine and the Hospital for Joint Diseases. It received more than $259 million in research grants in fiscal year 2010.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations