NIH Awards $84M for Ischemia Trial
The study will also assess whether invasive procedures improve angina-related quality of life.
“This multicenter, international study provides a unique research opportunity that could yield vital information to guide clinical practice and improve quality of life and overall medical care for large, diverse populations," said Susan B. Shurin, MD, acting director of the NHLBI.
NYU Langone Medical Center is composed of Tisch Hospital, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine and the Hospital for Joint Diseases. It received more than $259 million in research grants in fiscal year 2010.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer