RWJF Launches Hospital Pricing App Challenge
The visualization challenge requires entrants to create graphic representations to help consumers and others better understand, explore, and interpret the information. RWJF encourages applicants to incorporate other data in combination with hospital pricing data to enhance its value.
The apps and tools developed should help improve understanding of the hospital pricing information and promote further transparency about prices.
Winners of the visualization component of the challenge will be announced at the Health 2.0 Fall Conference in October 2013. The deadline for submissions is August 25. The app and tools component of competition will take place in two phases. The first phase will select five semi-finalists, who will be announced at the Health 2.0 Fall Conference. The deadline for this first phase is August 4. The second phase will see judges select winning entries from among the semi-finalists. Winners will be announced on December 9 at the mHealth Summit.
See Also: Heritage Health Prize Awards $500K
Also at Datapalooza, the HHS Office of the National Coordinator released data from the Regional Extension Centers about the different brands of EHR products used by 146,000 doctors by state, specialty, and each doctor's stage in meaningful use attestation.
Scott Mace is senior technology editor at HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care