4 Top Concerns of Healthcare CFOs
Marlene Weatherwax, vice president and CFO at Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus, IN, says her organization has spent years developing good processes and "leaning about our revenue cycle through the Lean Sigma Six process" improvement initiative.
Even so, achieving a good return on investment on its EHR has been a struggle for Columbus Regional.
Mark Bogen, senior vice president and CFO at South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside, NY
"The hard dollar ROI has been very minimal," she says.
Mark Bogen, senior vice president and CFO at South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside, NY, says formulating a strong strategy around physician alignment is one of his organization's toughest challenges, and one he and his colleagues have yet to get their arms around completely.
"The trickiest part is really the physician alignment piece. We are dabbling in it, but it's not an all out assault. Long Island is unique where there aren't a lot of large medical groups. It's a lot of small practices. We've been reacting when these men and women have been coming to us regarding employment, but we are still trying to figure out what to do with these practices, either to expand them or make them less costly to run," Bogen says.
"That is probably where we have been the most vulnerable and where we haven't been able to spend as much time, money, and effort because of recent requirements of technology and facility upgrades."
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Driving Down Claims Denials