AllSpire Partnership Tackles Population Health Management
The other charter members of this mega-alliance are Atlantic Health System, Morristown, NJ; Hackensack (NJ) University Health Network; Lancaster (PA) General Health; Meridian Health, Neptune, NJ; Wellspan Health, York, PA; and Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown, PA.
Clint Matthews, president and CEO of the 735 licensed–bed Reading Health, says he expects participation in AllSpire will allow his organization to improve patient care across the continuum of care settings while reducing the cost of doing business, particularly with regard to supply chain purchasing.
"We foresee population health management as an area we can better manage through AllSpire because we will have a larger universe and be able to share best practices and manage down the overall cost of the infrastructure," Matthews says. "I anticipate that AllSpire will be very helpful as we are dealing with population health management for the purposes of risk stratification."
Richard W. Jones, CPA, Reading Health's senior vice president, CFO, and treasurer, says that because six of the seven AllSpire members use Epic for their electronic health records and other technologies, the group has "a natural ability to share, to establish protocols, and to learn best practices from each other."
"We believe AllSpire offers opportunities to leverage purchasing power and to leverage our ability to utilize information systems in a way that will provide economic benefits … and best practices in how to use health information for the benefit of our patients. That is a big opportunity in and of itself," Jones says.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High