CMS Releases 2015 IPPS Proposal
In addition, CMS proposes increasing the maximum payment reduction for hospital readmissions from 2% to 3%. It proposes that hospitals’ readmissions penalties be assessed using five readmissions measures endorsed by the National Quality Forum.
Comments will be open through June 30. The rule will be finalized August 1. Once finalized, the IPPS rules will apply to the federal fiscal year that begins October 1, 2015. Last year, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published the final rules in August.
Michelle A. Leppert, CPC, contributed to this report.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms