CMS Releases 2015 IPPS Proposal
In addition, CMS proposes increasing the maximum payment reduction for hospital readmissions from 2% to 3%. It proposes that hospitals’ readmissions penalties be assessed using five readmissions measures endorsed by the National Quality Forum.
Comments will be open through June 30. The rule will be finalized August 1. Once finalized, the IPPS rules will apply to the federal fiscal year that begins October 1, 2015. Last year, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published the final rules in August.
Michelle A. Leppert, CPC, contributed to this report.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts