CMS Releases 2015 IPPS Proposal
In addition, CMS proposes increasing the maximum payment reduction for hospital readmissions from 2% to 3%. It proposes that hospitals’ readmissions penalties be assessed using five readmissions measures endorsed by the National Quality Forum.
Comments will be open through June 30. The rule will be finalized August 1. Once finalized, the IPPS rules will apply to the federal fiscal year that begins October 1, 2015. Last year, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published the final rules in August.
Michelle A. Leppert, CPC, contributed to this report.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers