CMS Releases 2015 IPPS Proposal
In addition, CMS proposes increasing the maximum payment reduction for hospital readmissions from 2% to 3%. It proposes that hospitals’ readmissions penalties be assessed using five readmissions measures endorsed by the National Quality Forum.
Comments will be open through June 30. The rule will be finalized August 1. Once finalized, the IPPS rules will apply to the federal fiscal year that begins October 1, 2015. Last year, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published the final rules in August.
Michelle A. Leppert, CPC, contributed to this report.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses