HHS Seeks Comments on Dual-Eligibles
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, May 13, 2011
Among the concerns:
- How can the Medicare and Medicaid programs better ensure dual eligible individuals are provided full access to the program benefits?
- What steps can CMS take to simplify the processes for dual eligible individuals to access the items and services guaranteed under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- Are there additional opportunities for CMS to eliminate regulatory conflicts between the rules under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- How can CMS best work to improve care continuity and ensure safe and effective care transitions for dual eligible beneficiaries?
- How can CMS work to eliminate cost-shifting between the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
The request for comments is here. Comments will be collected until July 11, 2011.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts