HHS Seeks Comments on Dual-Eligibles
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, May 13, 2011
Among the concerns:
- How can the Medicare and Medicaid programs better ensure dual eligible individuals are provided full access to the program benefits?
- What steps can CMS take to simplify the processes for dual eligible individuals to access the items and services guaranteed under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- Are there additional opportunities for CMS to eliminate regulatory conflicts between the rules under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- How can CMS best work to improve care continuity and ensure safe and effective care transitions for dual eligible beneficiaries?
- How can CMS work to eliminate cost-shifting between the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
The request for comments is here. Comments will be collected until July 11, 2011.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Telemedicine is Retail Health Clinics' Newest Tool