HHS Seeks Comments on Dual-Eligibles
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, May 13, 2011
Among the concerns:
- How can the Medicare and Medicaid programs better ensure dual eligible individuals are provided full access to the program benefits?
- What steps can CMS take to simplify the processes for dual eligible individuals to access the items and services guaranteed under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- Are there additional opportunities for CMS to eliminate regulatory conflicts between the rules under the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
- How can CMS best work to improve care continuity and ensure safe and effective care transitions for dual eligible beneficiaries?
- How can CMS work to eliminate cost-shifting between the Medicare and Medicaid programs?
The request for comments is here. Comments will be collected until July 11, 2011.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- Q&A: Ardis Dee Hoven 'Optimistic' SGR Will Be Repealed