CMS to Perform Rate Reviews in 10 States
In addition to Idaho and Montana, CMS will handle reviews in the individual and small group market for Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Missouri and Wyoming. It will also handle reviews in the small group market for Iowa, Pennsylvania and Virginia; those states will handle their own rate reviews for the individual market.
A CMS spokesperson said the agency will continue to work with the 10 states to align their rate review efforts with ACA regulations, which call for rate increases of 10% or more to be reviewed. Insurers must publically disclose the increases and justify the request to raise premiums.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers