CMS to Perform Rate Reviews in 10 States
In addition to Idaho and Montana, CMS will handle reviews in the individual and small group market for Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Missouri and Wyoming. It will also handle reviews in the small group market for Iowa, Pennsylvania and Virginia; those states will handle their own rate reviews for the individual market.
A CMS spokesperson said the agency will continue to work with the 10 states to align their rate review efforts with ACA regulations, which call for rate increases of 10% or more to be reviewed. Insurers must publically disclose the increases and justify the request to raise premiums.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US