CMS to Perform Rate Reviews in 10 States
In addition to Idaho and Montana, CMS will handle reviews in the individual and small group market for Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Missouri and Wyoming. It will also handle reviews in the small group market for Iowa, Pennsylvania and Virginia; those states will handle their own rate reviews for the individual market.
A CMS spokesperson said the agency will continue to work with the 10 states to align their rate review efforts with ACA regulations, which call for rate increases of 10% or more to be reviewed. Insurers must publically disclose the increases and justify the request to raise premiums.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages