CMS to Perform Rate Reviews in 10 States
In addition to Idaho and Montana, CMS will handle reviews in the individual and small group market for Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Missouri and Wyoming. It will also handle reviews in the small group market for Iowa, Pennsylvania and Virginia; those states will handle their own rate reviews for the individual market.
A CMS spokesperson said the agency will continue to work with the 10 states to align their rate review efforts with ACA regulations, which call for rate increases of 10% or more to be reviewed. Insurers must publically disclose the increases and justify the request to raise premiums.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians