CA Medical Biller to Pay $4.6M to Settle Fraud Allegations
Attempts by HealthLeaders Media to contact JJ&R on Tuesday afternoon were not successful.
The settlement resolves whistleblower allegations brought by Le Jeanne Harris, a former employee of JJ&R, who will get $774,450.
DOJ said it has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $5.9 billion since January 2009 in cases involving fraud against federal healthcare programs.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag