CA Medical Biller to Pay $4.6M to Settle Fraud Allegations
Attempts by HealthLeaders Media to contact JJ&R on Tuesday afternoon were not successful.
The settlement resolves whistleblower allegations brought by Le Jeanne Harris, a former employee of JJ&R, who will get $774,450.
DOJ said it has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $5.9 billion since January 2009 in cases involving fraud against federal healthcare programs.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs