CA Medical Biller to Pay $4.6M to Settle Fraud Allegations
Attempts by HealthLeaders Media to contact JJ&R on Tuesday afternoon were not successful.
The settlement resolves whistleblower allegations brought by Le Jeanne Harris, a former employee of JJ&R, who will get $774,450.
DOJ said it has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $5.9 billion since January 2009 in cases involving fraud against federal healthcare programs.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America