CA Medical Biller to Pay $4.6M to Settle Fraud Allegations
Attempts by HealthLeaders Media to contact JJ&R on Tuesday afternoon were not successful.
The settlement resolves whistleblower allegations brought by Le Jeanne Harris, a former employee of JJ&R, who will get $774,450.
DOJ said it has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $5.9 billion since January 2009 in cases involving fraud against federal healthcare programs.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014