CA Medical Biller to Pay $4.6M to Settle Fraud Allegations
Attempts by HealthLeaders Media to contact JJ&R on Tuesday afternoon were not successful.
The settlement resolves whistleblower allegations brought by Le Jeanne Harris, a former employee of JJ&R, who will get $774,450.
DOJ said it has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $5.9 billion since January 2009 in cases involving fraud against federal healthcare programs.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013