BCBSA Says It Can Help U.S. Save $319B by 2021
- Expand value-based payments in Medicare.
- Make care coordination available to all Medicare beneficiaries.
- Ensure that government payment policies recognize the value of primary care.
- Align federal delivery system reform initiatives with private sector best practices to promote primary care.
- Expand government initiatives to reduce healthcare disparities.
- Promote safe deliveries and improve maternal care.
Kenneth Thorpe, PhD, a professor and chair of the department of health policy & management at Emory University in Atlanta, who produced the program's economic analysis, said the BCBSA program stresses proven actions. "I have pilot fatigue. We don't need another pilot where we wait 12 to 15 years for the results. We know what works and we need to do it now."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009