SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
In July, Baucus, who is chair of the Senate Finance Committee, hosted five physician group representatives in a roundtable discussion. He noted then that "physicians seem caught in "stove pipes of care. How do we get rid of some of these pipes?"
The physician groups argue that practicing doctors don't have time to "re-design" their practices to adapt to new models of care delivery because of the "constant specter of severe cuts under the SGR."
The doctors also want Congress to embrace a set of core principles they think should be the foundation for a productive transition from the SGR payment system "to a higher performing Medicare program."
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- HL20: Tom X. Lee, MD—Reinventing Primary Care
- Population Health Starts with Ending Hunger
- HL20: José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA—A Welcoming Approach