SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
In July, Baucus, who is chair of the Senate Finance Committee, hosted five physician group representatives in a roundtable discussion. He noted then that "physicians seem caught in "stove pipes of care. How do we get rid of some of these pipes?"
The physician groups argue that practicing doctors don't have time to "re-design" their practices to adapt to new models of care delivery because of the "constant specter of severe cuts under the SGR."
The doctors also want Congress to embrace a set of core principles they think should be the foundation for a productive transition from the SGR payment system "to a higher performing Medicare program."
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine