SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
In July, Baucus, who is chair of the Senate Finance Committee, hosted five physician group representatives in a roundtable discussion. He noted then that "physicians seem caught in "stove pipes of care. How do we get rid of some of these pipes?"
The physician groups argue that practicing doctors don't have time to "re-design" their practices to adapt to new models of care delivery because of the "constant specter of severe cuts under the SGR."
The doctors also want Congress to embrace a set of core principles they think should be the foundation for a productive transition from the SGR payment system "to a higher performing Medicare program."
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers