Business Roundup: Summa Health Finds a Partner
The health system has launched a performance improvement initiative to become more efficient throughout the organization, which the health system said offers "clear synergies with CHP around the areas of care redesign, revenue cycle, supply chain and enhanced productivity that will help us realize more efficiencies and value for our community."
That "common vision" for care delivery notes that:
- Both organizations have Accountable Care Organizations participating in the federal government’s Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- Both organizations have embraced a Patient Centered Medical Home strategy with several practices being certified as National Committee for Quality Assurance Level 3 medical homes.
- Both organizations are transitioning to value-based payments through initiatives such as the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation’s Bundled Payment pilot and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Partnership for Patients.
Summa board Chairman Norman Wells, Jr. said in a media release that officials had spoken with "several national healthcare organizations" in the vetting process before choosing Catholic Health Partners as "the right group to join us on our journey to transform the delivery of healthcare."
PA Court OKs Hallmark Affiliation with Jefferson Regional MC
The Orphan’s Court of Allegheny (PA) County has approved Highmark Inc.’s affiliation with Jefferson Regional Medical Center, which brings Highmark once step closer to an affiliation with West Penn Allegheny Health System.
Highmark says the ruling clears the way for Jefferson to be affiliated with Highmark and parent organization UPE, a 501 (c) (3) organization no later than March 1. West Penn Allegheny Health System's affiliation with Highmark and UPE only requires approval from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department to be able to close.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States