RWJF Launches Hospital Pricing App Challenge
The visualization challenge requires entrants to create graphic representations to help consumers and others better understand, explore, and interpret the information. RWJF encourages applicants to incorporate other data in combination with hospital pricing data to enhance its value.
The apps and tools developed should help improve understanding of the hospital pricing information and promote further transparency about prices.
Winners of the visualization component of the challenge will be announced at the Health 2.0 Fall Conference in October 2013. The deadline for submissions is August 25. The app and tools component of competition will take place in two phases. The first phase will select five semi-finalists, who will be announced at the Health 2.0 Fall Conference. The deadline for this first phase is August 4. The second phase will see judges select winning entries from among the semi-finalists. Winners will be announced on December 9 at the mHealth Summit.
See Also: Heritage Health Prize Awards $500K
Also at Datapalooza, the HHS Office of the National Coordinator released data from the Regional Extension Centers about the different brands of EHR products used by 146,000 doctors by state, specialty, and each doctor's stage in meaningful use attestation.
Scott Mace is senior technology editor at HealthLeaders Media.
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- Ebola: Lawmakers, Healthcare Leaders Clash Over Quarantines
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Ebola: Nurses Demand 'Tools We Need' to Fight Infection
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Investing in Population Health Strategies Creates Financial Risk
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model