Intermountain Launches Analytics Tool for Population Health Data
The two companies made the announcement at the Drug Information Association's 2013 Annual Meeting.
"The life sciences and healthcare industry is entering a new era in which success is tied to demonstrating value for reimbursement with an increased focus on safety and clinical effectiveness," said Brett Davis, general manager of Deloitte Health Informatics (DHI). "OutcomesMiner can help our clients thrive under this new paradigm by providing the insights they need based on rigorous real-world evidence."
Asif Dhar, M.D., chief medical officer and managing director of DHI, said, "With OutcomesMiner, we aspire to create a solution that is transformative, one that can support the health system as it undergoes fundamental change based on insights generated from EHR data. Tackling the issues vexing today's health system requires new approaches based on the smart use of data."
Marc Probst, chief information officer of Intermountain, said users of OutcomesMiner will be able to form "research communities" that develop additional insights related to comparative effectiveness and evidence-based medicine. "OutcomesMiner can do more than provide insights in a one-off manner," said Probst. "It can also be the catalyst that brings key players together in further exploring new approaches to healthcare based on data."
Scott Mace is senior technology editor at HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009