CHI Launches Prominence Health Subsidiary
Working with CHI health systems and clinically integrated networks, which include 93 hospitals and hundreds of other health facilities in 18 states, Prominence will be able to provide a nationwide array of services, CHI said.
In October 2012, CHI acquired a majority interest in Soundpath Health, a Medicare Advantage plan in Tacoma, WA. Earlier this year, CHI purchased QualChoice, a commercial health plan based in Little Rock, AR.
The organization is extending its reach through strategic geographic expansion, including third-party administration services and Medicare Advantage plans in new markets, including Kentucky, Nebraska, Ohio, and Tennessee.
Serrano said the push into customer-oriented products, high-performing networks, value-based contracting and health-insurance programs will help CHI adapt to a new era of pay-for-performance and population-health management.
It will also accelerate the organization's strategy of integrated health that delivers effective, cost-efficient health management while enhancing access to high-quality care that improves the health of entire communities.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality