CHI Launches Prominence Health Subsidiary
Working with CHI health systems and clinically integrated networks, which include 93 hospitals and hundreds of other health facilities in 18 states, Prominence will be able to provide a nationwide array of services, CHI said.
In October 2012, CHI acquired a majority interest in Soundpath Health, a Medicare Advantage plan in Tacoma, WA. Earlier this year, CHI purchased QualChoice, a commercial health plan based in Little Rock, AR.
The organization is extending its reach through strategic geographic expansion, including third-party administration services and Medicare Advantage plans in new markets, including Kentucky, Nebraska, Ohio, and Tennessee.
Serrano said the push into customer-oriented products, high-performing networks, value-based contracting and health-insurance programs will help CHI adapt to a new era of pay-for-performance and population-health management.
It will also accelerate the organization's strategy of integrated health that delivers effective, cost-efficient health management while enhancing access to high-quality care that improves the health of entire communities.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble