Ascension Health to Create 500 Jobs
Hiring for the center will begin in a few months, and the facility is expected to be operational in mid 2011.
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered Ascension Health up to $5 million in performance-based tax credits and up to $90,000 in training grants based on the company's job creation plans. Develop Indy and the City of Indianapolis offered Ascension Health infrastructure support and a training grant worth up to $300,000. Develop Indy will also support property tax abatement for Ascension Health before the Metropolitan Development Commission. Indy Partnership served as a project liaison, providing research and site selection support.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars