MGMA Names Turney CEO
Turney was the 2005-06 MGMA board chair and has served in other board positions. She has served on the National Quality Forum, and fulfilled many other appointments from the Wisconsin governor and the secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services.
She holds a medical degree and a master's of science degree in administrative medicine from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. She served her internal medicine residency at Marshfield Clinic/St. Joseph's Hospital.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014