MGMA Names Turney CEO
Turney was the 2005-06 MGMA board chair and has served in other board positions. She has served on the National Quality Forum, and fulfilled many other appointments from the Wisconsin governor and the secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services.
She holds a medical degree and a master's of science degree in administrative medicine from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. She served her internal medicine residency at Marshfield Clinic/St. Joseph's Hospital.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal