MGMA Names Turney CEO
Turney was the 2005-06 MGMA board chair and has served in other board positions. She has served on the National Quality Forum, and fulfilled many other appointments from the Wisconsin governor and the secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services.
She holds a medical degree and a master's of science degree in administrative medicine from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. She served her internal medicine residency at Marshfield Clinic/St. Joseph's Hospital.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus