ASHHRA Survey Details HR's Strategic Priorities
What are your HR initiatives to cut costs?
- Streamline HR Processes (69% of respondents chose this)
- Improve retention rates (66%)
- Reduce reliance on agencies and temporary workers (34%)
- Redesign compensation and benefits plans (32%)
What are your HR initiatives to improve patient satisfaction?
- Improve employee satisfaction/employee engagement (75%)
- Create a culture of employee accountability (75%)
- Create a service-oriented culture (72%)
- Align our workforce with our organization's mission and core values (64%)
What are your HR initiatives to improve patient safety?
- Improve workforce education and development (67%)
- Improve employee satisfaction (60%)
- Identify and manage out low performers (59%)
- Improve retention rates (49%)
Biggest challenges with achieving your HR initiatives?
- Not enough time to focus on the important projects (62%)
- Too many competing initiatives (56%)
- No budget to implement programs (47%)
- Inefficient systems, inadequate technology (43%)
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- 'Country Doctor of the Year' Embraces Challenges of Rural Medicine
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training