U.S. Company to Implement Health IT Systems in China
Perot Systems will also begin implementing healthcare information technology in multiple hospitals and other healthcare organizations throughout the region. These initiatives are an important part of China's reform efforts, and will help the country meet their health reform goals, Zhou says.
"The province will recognize and recommend Perot Systems as the primary vendor to provide IT services related to hospital IT services and public health IT initiatives throughout the region," says Zhou. "Perot Systems is authorized to lead the design, management, implementation, and support of the regional health information platform in alignment with the Chinese national healthcare reform requirements."
Perot systems will also serve as an advisor for healthcare IT reform under China's Ministry of Health, says Zhou. Once established, the lessons learned can be incorporated to other areas of the country.
"Our goal is help enable the healthcare leaders in China to improve the delivery of care, and we will work closely with the government to achieve that objective," Zhou says. "Together, we will build the necessary standards with the Minister of Health and then extend the lessons learned to the province."
Note: You can sign up to receive HealthLeaders Media Global, a free weekly e-newsletter that provides strategic information on the business of healthcare management from around the globe.
Ben Cole is an associate online editor with HealthLeaders Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals