Announcing the 2009 Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare
Other winning work from this year’s honorees includes:
- In five years, the leadership team at Grays Harbor Community Hospital turned around the struggling community hospital, improving employee, patient, and physician satisfaction while also increasing market share.
- Despite being a 65-bed hospital in rural Maine, Cary Medical Center is at the forefront of using the latest healthcare information technology to improve care.
- Independent Health has developed a leadership culture that promotes teamwork and a passion for serving the community, says Top Leadership Teams Judge Jeffrey A. Kramer, Ph.D., Director of Programs in Healthcare Management & Insurance Studies at the University of Connecticut School of Business. "They remain true to their roots in a highly competitive market, and represent many of the positive aspects of health plans that are often overlooked."
- A culture built around peer teamwork and data-driven decision making has allowed NorthShore University HealthSystem Medical Group to more than triple its number of physicians in the past decade.
The 2009 winning teams share some of the common teamwork qualities that past winners have demonstrated, including a commitment to community improvement, a culture of transparency and communication, relentlessness on performance, and a focus on measurement of organizational goals. Full profiles of the winners and their teamwork lessons will be featured in the December issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
The 2009 honorees of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare will be featured speakers at the annual HealthLeaders 09: Hospital of the Future Now conference, to be held Oct. 15-16 at The Palmer House in Chicago. Leaders from healthcare organizations such as Scripps Health, Mayo Clinic, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Ascension Health, Trinity Health, Kaiser Permanente, UPMC and others will share leadership lessons and strategies to create a vision for the next generation of hospitals.
About HealthLeaders Media
HealthLeaders Media is the premier publisher of information resources for senior-level healthcare executives, reaching more than 100,000 healthcare decision-makers nationwide every month. In addition to its flagship monthly journal, HealthLeaders magazine, HealthLeaders Media distributes relevant industry information, practical advice, case-study solutions, and innovative strategies through newsletters, e-mail publications, live events and state-specific healthcare business news services. For more information, visit online at www.healthleadersmedia.com.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big