Alegent CEO Wayne Sensor Resigns
Headquartered in Omaha, Alegent provides services at more than 100 sites and has 9,000 employees.
It was created by the consolidation of Bergan Mercy Health System and Immanuel Medical Center in 1996. Its sponsors are Catholic Health Initiatives and Immanuel Health Systems, which is affiliated with the Nebraska Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
Sensor is one of the most well-known health leaders and has been honored by publications for his work in healthcare.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013