Alegent CEO Wayne Sensor Resigns
Headquartered in Omaha, Alegent provides services at more than 100 sites and has 9,000 employees.
It was created by the consolidation of Bergan Mercy Health System and Immanuel Medical Center in 1996. Its sponsors are Catholic Health Initiatives and Immanuel Health Systems, which is affiliated with the Nebraska Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
Sensor is one of the most well-known health leaders and has been honored by publications for his work in healthcare.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers