Alegent CEO Wayne Sensor Resigns
Headquartered in Omaha, Alegent provides services at more than 100 sites and has 9,000 employees.
It was created by the consolidation of Bergan Mercy Health System and Immanuel Medical Center in 1996. Its sponsors are Catholic Health Initiatives and Immanuel Health Systems, which is affiliated with the Nebraska Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
Sensor is one of the most well-known health leaders and has been honored by publications for his work in healthcare.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns