Hospitals Work on Processes, Elements of Change Management
The following are tips for effective meeting management:
- Communicate the agenda at the beginning of the meeting
- Develop and enforce meeting rules
Prevent interrupting when someone else is talking, and maintain a level of respect among participants as well.
Roles are important. Know who is:
- Note taker
And know how precious time is. End every meeting five to 10 minutes early to allow people time to get to their next meeting, Marshall said.
Matt Phillion, CSHA, is senior managing editor of Briefings on The Joint Commission and senior editorial advisor for the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices