Hospitals Work on Processes, Elements of Change Management
The following are tips for effective meeting management:
- Communicate the agenda at the beginning of the meeting
- Develop and enforce meeting rules
Prevent interrupting when someone else is talking, and maintain a level of respect among participants as well.
Roles are important. Know who is:
- Note taker
And know how precious time is. End every meeting five to 10 minutes early to allow people time to get to their next meeting, Marshall said.
Matt Phillion, CSHA, is senior managing editor of Briefings on The Joint Commission and senior editorial advisor for the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- After Ebola patient cured, NE hospital takes cautions anew
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform