Hospitals Work on Processes, Elements of Change Management
The following are tips for effective meeting management:
- Communicate the agenda at the beginning of the meeting
- Develop and enforce meeting rules
Prevent interrupting when someone else is talking, and maintain a level of respect among participants as well.
Roles are important. Know who is:
- Note taker
And know how precious time is. End every meeting five to 10 minutes early to allow people time to get to their next meeting, Marshall said.
Matt Phillion, CSHA, is senior managing editor of Briefings on The Joint Commission and senior editorial advisor for the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Telemedicine is Retail Health Clinics' Newest Tool