Hospitals Work on Processes, Elements of Change Management
The following are tips for effective meeting management:
- Communicate the agenda at the beginning of the meeting
- Develop and enforce meeting rules
Prevent interrupting when someone else is talking, and maintain a level of respect among participants as well.
Roles are important. Know who is:
- Note taker
And know how precious time is. End every meeting five to 10 minutes early to allow people time to get to their next meeting, Marshall said.
Matt Phillion, CSHA, is senior managing editor of Briefings on The Joint Commission and senior editorial advisor for the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth