Hospitals Work on Processes, Elements of Change Management
The following are tips for effective meeting management:
- Communicate the agenda at the beginning of the meeting
- Develop and enforce meeting rules
Prevent interrupting when someone else is talking, and maintain a level of respect among participants as well.
Roles are important. Know who is:
- Note taker
And know how precious time is. End every meeting five to 10 minutes early to allow people time to get to their next meeting, Marshall said.
Matt Phillion, CSHA, is senior managing editor of Briefings on The Joint Commission and senior editorial advisor for the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data