Shands UF Hospitals to Restructure Leadership
UF President Bernie Machen and Guzick are convening a new Shands HealthCare Strategic Cabinet, through which all Shands hospitals and other facilities will work with the UF Health Science Center as part of the UF Academic Health Center. The new cabinet will provide advice on strategic and financial issues before action is taken.
“This change gives hospital leadership and its board the ability to address the needs of the Jacksonville community in a more nimble fashion, and to draw on its resources and those of the Jacksonville community to grow and prosper,” Burkhart says.
Goals include more efficient delivery of healthcare services, improved outcomes, stimulating educational programs for students, residents and fellows, and research that fosters novel discoveries and economic development, Burkhart says.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?