Shands UF Hospitals to Restructure Leadership
UF President Bernie Machen and Guzick are convening a new Shands HealthCare Strategic Cabinet, through which all Shands hospitals and other facilities will work with the UF Health Science Center as part of the UF Academic Health Center. The new cabinet will provide advice on strategic and financial issues before action is taken.
“This change gives hospital leadership and its board the ability to address the needs of the Jacksonville community in a more nimble fashion, and to draw on its resources and those of the Jacksonville community to grow and prosper,” Burkhart says.
Goals include more efficient delivery of healthcare services, improved outcomes, stimulating educational programs for students, residents and fellows, and research that fosters novel discoveries and economic development, Burkhart says.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty