Shands UF Hospitals to Restructure Leadership
UF President Bernie Machen and Guzick are convening a new Shands HealthCare Strategic Cabinet, through which all Shands hospitals and other facilities will work with the UF Health Science Center as part of the UF Academic Health Center. The new cabinet will provide advice on strategic and financial issues before action is taken.
“This change gives hospital leadership and its board the ability to address the needs of the Jacksonville community in a more nimble fashion, and to draw on its resources and those of the Jacksonville community to grow and prosper,” Burkhart says.
Goals include more efficient delivery of healthcare services, improved outcomes, stimulating educational programs for students, residents and fellows, and research that fosters novel discoveries and economic development, Burkhart says.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses