Shands UF Hospitals to Restructure Leadership
UF President Bernie Machen and Guzick are convening a new Shands HealthCare Strategic Cabinet, through which all Shands hospitals and other facilities will work with the UF Health Science Center as part of the UF Academic Health Center. The new cabinet will provide advice on strategic and financial issues before action is taken.
“This change gives hospital leadership and its board the ability to address the needs of the Jacksonville community in a more nimble fashion, and to draw on its resources and those of the Jacksonville community to grow and prosper,” Burkhart says.
Goals include more efficient delivery of healthcare services, improved outcomes, stimulating educational programs for students, residents and fellows, and research that fosters novel discoveries and economic development, Burkhart says.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion