MEDNAX Subsidiary Acquires Southeast Anesthesiology Consultants
The group employs eight physician assistants and six certified registered nurse anesthetists. The physicians practice under an anesthesia care team model that includeshospital-employed CRNAs. SAC also has 45 clinical and administrative employees.
American Anesthesiology includes more than 620 anesthesia providers, including more than 275 physicians and 345 CRNAs and anesthesia assistants practicing in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia, with administrative offices in Raleigh, NC, and Sunrise, FL.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money