MEDNAX Subsidiary Acquires Southeast Anesthesiology Consultants
The group employs eight physician assistants and six certified registered nurse anesthetists. The physicians practice under an anesthesia care team model that includeshospital-employed CRNAs. SAC also has 45 clinical and administrative employees.
American Anesthesiology includes more than 620 anesthesia providers, including more than 275 physicians and 345 CRNAs and anesthesia assistants practicing in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia, with administrative offices in Raleigh, NC, and Sunrise, FL.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement