IHI, Catholic Health Partners Form Partnership
CHP President/CEO Michael D. Connelly said the health system has worked over the last decade to improve clinical quality and patient safety. "Our objective is to harm no patient. Nothing exemplifies our mission better or is as foundational to our strategic direction and annual plans," he said. "Now, in partnership with IHI, our intention is to continue to reduce inpatient mortality, eliminate preventable harm, achieve nationally-designated quality measures and increase patient satisfaction."
The partnership will accelerate CHP's use of professionals equipped with enhanced improvement and safety knowledge; implement proven changes to improve patient safety within selected hospitals, to create exemplar hospitals that will spread improvement across the CHP system; and collaborate with leaders at all levels of CHP.
IHI designed the initiative and modeled it after its Safer Patients Initiative in the United Kingdom.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream