IHI, Catholic Health Partners Form Partnership
CHP President/CEO Michael D. Connelly said the health system has worked over the last decade to improve clinical quality and patient safety. "Our objective is to harm no patient. Nothing exemplifies our mission better or is as foundational to our strategic direction and annual plans," he said. "Now, in partnership with IHI, our intention is to continue to reduce inpatient mortality, eliminate preventable harm, achieve nationally-designated quality measures and increase patient satisfaction."
The partnership will accelerate CHP's use of professionals equipped with enhanced improvement and safety knowledge; implement proven changes to improve patient safety within selected hospitals, to create exemplar hospitals that will spread improvement across the CHP system; and collaborate with leaders at all levels of CHP.
IHI designed the initiative and modeled it after its Safer Patients Initiative in the United Kingdom.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals