IHI, Catholic Health Partners Form Partnership
CHP President/CEO Michael D. Connelly said the health system has worked over the last decade to improve clinical quality and patient safety. "Our objective is to harm no patient. Nothing exemplifies our mission better or is as foundational to our strategic direction and annual plans," he said. "Now, in partnership with IHI, our intention is to continue to reduce inpatient mortality, eliminate preventable harm, achieve nationally-designated quality measures and increase patient satisfaction."
The partnership will accelerate CHP's use of professionals equipped with enhanced improvement and safety knowledge; implement proven changes to improve patient safety within selected hospitals, to create exemplar hospitals that will spread improvement across the CHP system; and collaborate with leaders at all levels of CHP.
IHI designed the initiative and modeled it after its Safer Patients Initiative in the United Kingdom.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition