DMC $60M Construction Projects Begin
The five-story, 105,550-square-foot Children's Hospital expansion will house a pediatrics clinic, adolescent medicine, outpatient rehabilitation, specialty clinics, and 200 physician office suites for outpatient services. Children's Hospital served nearly a quarter of a million outpatient and emergency department patients in 2009. The center represents the first expansion of the DMC central campus in almost three decades.
The contracts for architectural work totaling $10 million are:
- Central, unified lobby at Harper University Hospital, awarded to Neumann Smith. The $10.7 million dollar project starts this summer.
- Surgical services renovation at Harper University Hospital, awarded to HKS. The $23 million dollar project starts this summer.
- Unit renovations at Harper University Hospital, awarded to Stuckey Vitale. The $8 million dollar project starts this fall.
- New operating and pre/post operating room at Detroit Receiving Hospital, awarded to Stuckey Vitale. The $8.4 million dollar project starts this fall.
- Cardiovascular Institute and Multispecialty Building, awarded to Harley Ellis Devereaux. The $110 million dollar project starts in fall of 2011.
- Sinai-Grace Hospital Emergency Department expansion, awarded to Smith Group. The $77 million dollar project starts in fall of 2011.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'