Texas Health Acquires MedicalEdge, PhyServe
Hawthorne said the deal with Texas Health also remains “a committed partner” with several hundred independent physicians on medical staffs in Texas Health hospitals.
“We have built Texas Health to be a ‘house with many rooms’ to align with all types of physicians,” he said. “Our ultimate goal is to improve quality and outcomes through better coordination of care from prevention and wellness programs, to acute care, to long term and hospice care. This is the most significant step Texas Health has taken in our strategy to become an integrated provider and coordinator of care and transform the delivery of healthcare in North Texas.”
Texas Health MedSynergies, a joint venture between MedSynergies and Texas Health, will provide management services supporting Texas Health Physicians Group with the addition of PhyServe.
Acquisition of MedicalEdge and PhyServe will add more than 2,300 people to Texas Health. MedicalEdge brings several ancillary services to Texas Health, including sleep lab services, infusion services, diagnostic imaging and chiropractic services.
The Texas Health Board of Trustees approved the acquisition Nov. 16, and the transaction closed Dec. 31.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the nation and includes 24 acute care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with Texas Health Resources.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer