HCA Announces Management Shakeup, Subsidiary
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, February 11, 2011
Further management changes under the HCA reorg announced Friday:
- CMO Jonathan B. Perlin, MD, has been named president of HCA's Clinical and Physician Services Group. His expanded role will include responsibility for HCA affiliated physician practices, to integrate physician practices with the company's clinical and quality operations.
- Sam Hazen has been named president of Operations, a new position that will oversee operations at HCA's 164 hospitals and 106 freestanding surgery centers, in the United States and the United Kingdom. Since 2001, Hazen had been president of HCA's Western Group, where he oversaw operations at 63 hospitals in nine states. HCA's four operational group presidents now report to Hazen.
- Jon M. Foster, who has been president of HCA's Central and West Texas Division in Austin, TX, is now responsible for the company's operations in Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma and Wichita, KS.
- Chuck Hall, who has been president of HCA's Eastern Group in Florida, South Carolina and southern Georgia, now will be responsible for HCA's operations in Alaska, California, Nevada, Utah and Idaho.
- Bruce Moore, who has been president of HCA's Outpatient Services Group, becomes president, Operations and Service Lines Integration and is responsible for the company's Ambulatory Surgery Division, and service line integration, including behavioral health sciences and oncology.
- Paul Rutledge will continue to oversee HCA operations in Louisiana, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, New Hampshire, northern Georgia, Kansas City, and London, England.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care