Sanford Health Inks Deal With Minnesota's NCHS
Sanford Bemidji will consist of Sanford Bemidji Medical Center and Sanford Bemidji Clinic and will operate under the legal name of Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota, based in Bemidji. Sanford Bemidji will serve as the regional hub for Sanford Health in northern Minnesota.
The existing board at NCHS will comprise the new Sanford Bemidji Board of Directors, using the same corporate structure as other Sanford hospitals such as Sanford USD Medical Center, and Sanford Fargo Medical Center.
"Both NCHS and Sanford Bemidji Clinic have deep roots in this region as well as a legacy of community service," said Paul Hanson, president/CEO of NCHS. "At a time of great change in healthcare, we see this affiliation as an opportunity to grow and provide quality healthcare to the people of this region now and for years to come."
NCHS has more than 900 employees with 25,000 emergency visits, 5,500 acute admissions and 1,000 births per year. NCHS opened in 1898 and is an acute care hospital serving a region of approximately 100,000 people in northern Minnesota. It has 80 acute hospital beds, 16 acute rehabilitation beds, 12 acute geriatric psychiatric beds and 78 skilled nursing home beds; 120 assisted living apartments including a distinct dementia unit; a durable medical equipment company; a Class A licensed homecare agency and Medicare certified hospice program.
Sanford Bemidji Clinic has 75 physicians, 15 mid-level providers and 550 employees. Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD and consists of two long-standing organizations that merged in 2009. Sanford is now the largest, rural, not-for-profit healthcare system in the nation with a presence in 111 communities in eight states.
Sanford Health includes 31 hospitals, 111 clinic locations and more than 800 physicians in 70 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 19,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'